Video Submission Deadline: September 16, 2022
IEEE ICECS 2022 will be a hybrid conference held at the University of Strathclyde, The Technology and Innovation Centre from October 24-26, 2022. As a basis for live programming, all speakers are expected to present live and be available for Q&A. Pre-recorded videos will only be played in the case of technical difficulties. Live participation in Q&A is required in order for authors be published in IEEE Xplore.
Please prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, followed by voice over slides for your presentation.
The final version of your pre-recorded video is due Friday, September 16th by 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
Pre-recorded videos are required for ALL authors/speakers.
Guidelines for Preparing your Video
- Papers (Oral/Lecture): 10 minutes
- Paper (Poster): 3 minutes
- Tutorials: 90-120 minutes
- Keynotes: 45 minutes
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be accepted.
Speaker Upload Instructions
A unique URL, to upload your video, will be emailed to all speakers on September 8th. Below are instructions for the video submission process:
- Select the speaker
- Complete the speaker information
- Upload a speaker headshot photo
- Include a speaker biography in the available text field
- Upload your presentation data
- Video in mp4 format (max of 150MB is allowed)
- Upload PDF of your PowerPoint slides or Poster
- Upload the IEEE Consent and Release Form
- Click submit once your video all presentation data has finished uploading
- A confirmation email will be sent once the submission was successful
- Please retain this email in case you need to make updates to your submission. Updates to your submission can be made up until September 16th.
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows and the related paper will not be published in IEEE Xplore.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura LeBlanc ([email protected]).
Guidelines for Preparing a PowerPoint
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BRING THE PRESENTATION ON A USB MEMORY STICK IN ORDER TO TRANSFER IT TO THE COMPUTER IN THE PRESENTATION ROOM. Files can be uploaded to the computers in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems, speakers are advised to put .ppt, .pptx and .pdf versions of their presentation on the USB stick.
Be warned that movies embedded in the presentations are not guaranteed to be played. In addition, avoid using fonts that are not present in the Windows operating systems.
Speakers should arrive in their session room 10 minutes BEFORE the start of their session to report to the Session Chair.
The projectors are designed for 16:9 presentations so the authors are encouraged to prepare their presentations with that proportion.
Guidelines for Preparing a Poster
The recommended poster format is portrait A0 (84.1 cm wide x 118.9 cm height). Double sided adhesive tape and/or pins will be available in the poster area to put the posters on the panels.
Authors are required to print their own poster and are responsible for hanging up their poster before the start of the session and of removing them after the session end.
Each poster board onsite will be marked with a number that directly correlates with each poster in the PDF program. Please place your poster on the assigned board.